Once you have arrived in Australia
- Arrange a time to meet me, finalise all documentation and all ceremony details with Nathan. At this meeting you will need to bring:
- Your foreign passport (Australian Passports are unacceptable)
- If previously married, produce a copy of the divorce or death certificate if widowed
- You will be given a presentation marriage certificate on your wedding day. However, you will need to obtain a stamped registered copy of your full legal marriage certificate from the registry office before leaving Australia. In some cases you will need to obtain an Apostille Stamp on your certificate making your marriage legal in your country. Please check if this is necessary with your own Consulate before leaving the country. For more information on Apostille stamps visit Smart Traveller Please note: International couples can choose to do all this yourself, however you must allow at least two working days while in Sydney after your marriage to organise this.
- Please remember that all documents must be original and in English or have been officially translated into English. In Australia please contact the National Accreditation Authority for Translators. They can be found at www.naati.com.au