For same-sex couples- and according to the law in Australia currently, marriage is not even an option.
There are some couples that simply just don’t believe in legal ‘marriage’.
Perhaps you eloped or have been married overseas and your friends and family here in Australia were not able to be part of your wedding. Or you have found the love of your life and you want to declare your love for one another in the presence of family and friends.
A Commitment Ceremony is ideal for couples who want to affirm their relationship and does not include the legal aspects and formalities. It is especially an ideal way for same sex couples to celebrate their relationship with family and friends. Although same sex marriage is not legal in Australia, a commitment ceremony can be just as meaningful.
NOTE: Please click through to the Locations page for further travel information and costs.
- One face-to-face meeting to discuss and plan your ceremony content.
- As much email/phone correspondence around the content of your ceremony and changes to be made.
- My time for crafting your personalised Commitment Ceremony.
- Travel to and from your chosen ceremony location.
- Performance of your ceremony on your chosen date and time (subject to availability).
- A Commemorative Certificate for your ceremony.
- Use of my PA system if required.